Monday, December 10, 2007

My Roller Coaster

I started this blog for fun. A time to sit down and laugh about the funny things that happen day to day with my kids. It is for that reason that I have not followed through -- because, at the moment, my life is not very funny. There are many moments to cherish. Absolutely. But there is also a lot of heartache.

This is when most people tune out. Who wants to read a wah, wah, wah confession. Seriously, I would probably click off too. I don't blame you...

I have a baby with special needs. I will add the compulsory preface of: "He's lovely. He's wonderful. He's brought so much joy to our family". And he has. Most definitely.

But there is also the pain of watching your child struggle. There is the sadness of a dream, the dream that your children will always be succesful. That they will not have to deal with the everyday hardships of life, nevermind any other exceptional challenges.

Until now, I have avoided this. I have felt guilty about admitting my pain. I will be scolded, no doubt. I will be chastised. I'm willing to risk it for the honesty that comes with true growth.

I have a baby with special needs... And this is my journey.

No comments: