Thursday, July 19, 2007

Popular Theatre


Ever heard of it?
I'm taking a popular theatre course this weekend and I'm really psyched. Okay, so a whole weekend surrounded by intelligent and creative adults TOTALLY turns me on but I'm really, truly excited about getting my brain to think again -- okay, so Barney & Hip Hop Harry just doesn't challenge -- sorry.
If you haven't heard of it, popular theatre was the brainchild of Augusto Boal and is a way of using theatre to encite community & personal change, promote healing, etc.
I'm hoping it will give me some answers... Is the time right to get back on track and use all my theatre training for social good or should I keep on performing locally?
The big question is: do I have the energy?
Since having the kids, my passion is coffee & reality television. There has to be MORE!!!

No comments: