Monday, July 2, 2007

The mommy job

Welcome to the mommy job...

I was rudely welcomed to the mommy job 3 & 1/2 years ago with the arrival of my first son, C.J.. He showed up 3 weeks early, very unannounced. His room was filled with gift bags & no furniture and I had not made it to the spa for my pre-delivery pedicure -- am I still resentful??

I was re-introduced 10 months ago with my second boy, Bumble B. He was only one week early and not a day too soon. If you're planning another pregnancy, I don't recommend planning to be pregnant for the ENTIRE summer. It's not a pretty site.

Having survived this far as the mum to 2 boys, I consider myself somewhat of an expert -- okay, that's bullshit. I'm terrified every morning and wonder how I'll survive another day of being the expert negotiator of the 'why' question (how can such a small person use why in every sentence?) and tricking a 10-month old into eating what's in his bowl and not filling up on any scraps he's managed to lick off the floor (gross, I know).

If you choose to check out my blog, be prepared for some candid moments and maybe some helpful? hints. Okay, well, I'm doing my best.

It's a wild, wild world and we can brave it together. Here's hoping for the best.

No comments: